Sunday, August 06, 2006

FOUND THIS DRAFT IN THE DRAFT BOX...NOT SURE WHY I NEVER POSTED IT.
I would like to start off today with an apology. I did not mean to be so serious on my first ever attempt at "blogging." (Hold on, by the way, what kind of word is blog anyways, how did it make it into our vocabulary. I mean this word is so important that it not only is a noun but also deserves verb varients? When I was a kid this was called journaling or writing in a diary, but no, some computer geek decided that he would make up his own word... another version of revenge of the nerds.) Sorry this is not what todays entry is about...It usually only takes small shiny objects that make noise to distract me from the task at hand. Like I said in the begining this is a place for me to keep track of many of insightful things that are taught to me through whatever God puts in path. Today is just a small journal of some of the insight that my son has into life..those of you close to me already know many of these stories, because they make me so proud, well some of them...

Josiah on spaceships... On pretty fall day when Josiah was 3, we were drawing out on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. (I try to use the kids to get out of about any chore I can..) Josiah is a pretty good artist for his age...so he decided to draw some space ships. Daddy thought it would be a good idea to draw some planets...then I asked Josiah, "What are the spaceships doing?" He looked at me with all seriousness (remember he is 3) "Daddy we need to couple the spaceships together." In a state of disbelief I asked him if he knew what coupling meant. With all the confidence in the world, "Daddy that means putting them together." I called Harvard that evening...

Josiah on cookies... Josiah went for a ride up to Dayton with his Uncle Don. Little did we all now that Uncle Don had a private stash of cookies in his truck. While traveling Josiah and Uncle Don decided to raid the stash of cookies. After eating a couple of cookies, Josiah asked Uncle Don if he could have some more cookies. Uncle Don was concerned and told Josiah that he did not want him to get a tummy ache. "Uncle Don, I'll be okay, I won't eat the chocolate chips...I'll just eat the cookie...cause its just like bread and bread is good for you."

Josiah on suckers... Josiah and I were going through the drive thru at the bank, and just like anyother time, the teller sent him a sucker. The sucker was a strawberry, or some kind of fruit flavor. "Daddy the root beer suckers are not good for you, but the fruit flavored ones are because they have fruit in them..."

Josiah on cars... Josiah is a car fanatic (proof positive that the apple does not fall from the tree...) I would always play a little game when I was a kid & we were traveling, guess what kind of car it is by the tailights or headlights. Hours of amusement. Josiah & I were driving up I-75, just the two of us in the little car. So for fun, I thought I would play this game with Josiah. I pointed to the car that was about 4-5 car lengths in front of us, "Josiah, what kind of car is in front of us?" Josiah leaned forward in his seat to see over the dash & sat back down. "Daddy, thats a Corvette" he replied confidently. He was right, I was proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home