Friday, September 29, 2006

the blame game...

Welcome to these here United States, home of the free, land of the brave and where all the stupid people live. Sorry I really don't mean all of us are stupid, just some. This is a great place to be, would not want to live anywhere else. I love my country, just not every person in it. Let me clear this strange introduction up a bit. Our society is just full of people that are just plain stupid. (Josiah would correct me for saying the "s" word, it is not allowed at our house) It seems that we have raised a society of people that can not take resposibility for their own actions. We live in a sue happy world, if you are an American you know this well. Especially if you pay for any kind of insurance. The thing I find funny is that the woman that sued McDonalds because she could not hold on to her hot coffee and drive at the same time, was probably the same lady the day before complained that her coffee was to cold. We can never be happy.

Nothing in this world bugs me as much as people who blame their parents for the way their life turned out. Please, I understand that the way you are raised has a great impact on your life. This I believe to be gospel. Being a parent, now, I understand a bit better. I make mistakes daily as a parent, don't doubt that a bit. I am human, as we all are. The way I see it, if the good things out weigh the bad, then it was a sucessful day. It is the people who say, "I am this way because of my parents..." that really anoy me. Let me explain.
My parents were the greatest, in my opinion. Sure they made mistakes (the human thing), but not as many as I did as a child. They provided for me even when I more and likely didn't deserve it. They taught me how to live, love and laugh. The three important L's. Same thing with my wife's parents. They were awesome parents, not to mention they were great to me too. Our parents both struggled financially, of which we never had a clue as kids. We knew we weren't loaded, by the house we lived in and the cars we drove, but neither one of us ever fully understood the financial hardships our parents went through. God bless them for that. My wife and I had a big awakening when Josiah was born. We woke up one day and realized that we did not have a clue about money (still not sure I do). The point here is that we could both easily blame our parents for the way we treated money. After all we were emulating what they did. That would have been the easy way out, Mom & Dads fault. The way I see it, not true. The moment you recognize that you have a problem, is the moment you take ownership of that problem. It doesn't matter who, what, when or where, the moment you realize the problem, you and only you are the one that will be able to work it out. Truth. I firmly believe in Newtons 3rd Law of Planetary Motion, "for every action there is an equal and oposite reaction" Fancy scientific way of saying "you reap what you sow." Point is that we are resposible for our reactions. For you men out there, ever watch a sporting event. Things get a little heated, a guy throws a punch, and a guy throws one back. Nine times out of ten the guy who throws the second punch is the one who gets in trouble. Thats the way life is, it is about how we react. When it comes down to it, we are the only ones who control the way we react. So why is it that we blame some else? Because, we are selfish. Plain and simple.

I love you all, especially my parents and my wife's parents for raising us up right...thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home