Tuesday, September 05, 2006

advice is like...

I have always thought that whenever someone asks me what I think about whatever it they are asking me about, my opinion is just that an opinion. Take it or leave it. I will not be offendend if you hate it or love it. No harm no foul. I won't be offended by what you think of my opinion and conversely don't be offended by my opinion. Opinions are like moms, everyone has or had one. Just for giggles (I can actually think of better ways of spending my time, but for this exercise just run with me), go through a book store or library. There are more self help and instruction manuals than any other kind of book out there. From how to have perfect children to how time the dual carbs on a vintage Porsche 912. Funny thing is, everyone has had someone raise them (I know not all of us have been fortunate enough to own a vintage Porsche), but my point is if we all sat down and talked about our parents parenting, each had there own very different style. We all survived. There a just so many different perspectives on everything.

Advice is like a drug, not that its addictive, but it has different side effects for different people. So I think that when people take advice from someone else it is that persons responsibility to weed out what works for them and what does not. I generally know how to make my son respond, you know light a spark under his bottom when I need him to be motivated. Most parents know these little tricks. What motivates my son is going to be different than what motivates your son. Thats just the way it is. So I can not judge what you do and you should not judge what I do, because we do not always know the full story. Please don't get me wrong, if I am out in the front yard beating my children with in an inch of their life with a baseball bat, go ahead judge me and beat me with railroad tie. I guess what I am trying to say is that humans have so many different things thrown at us and we all have different ways of dealing with issues. Take a little advice and try it, if it doesn't work try another "drug "and until you find the right one. Because more and likely there is not always a cure, there is just something out there you can mask the pain that just has fewer side effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home