Sunday, October 22, 2006

it happened!!!


I am screaming it from the roof tops...October 21, 2006 at 09:15 am, it happened. I may never remember the date or the time, but the image will be imprinted in my brain for as long as my brain is functional. I would have to say one of the top ten highlights of my life, seriously. Behind getting married, having children and nephews... one of the single greatest moments of my life. A dream come true since the day we found out we were having a boy. Josiah scored his first goal!!! I will never forget watching that ball roll in, and me bumbling like an idot. It was cool, because it was the first time I got to act like a Dad instead of a Coach. That was my boy and I wanted everybody to know it. I wanted to run out there and be the first to give him a high five and a hug, but I got control of my emotions. I didn't embarass him, as far as I know, at least I haven't seen the tape. It was just so exciting to see my child do something I used to love with so much passion and be good at it. It wasn't until later that night Josiah and I got to spend some time alone. It was really the first we got to talk about it. We were in the car just the two of us.

He brought it up first. "Daddy were you happy when I scored my goal today, did you chear?" "Sure was buddy, more than you know. I was so happy." I responded. He was quiet for a moment, "Daddy were you proud of me when I scored?" "Buddy you make me proud a lot, not just when you scored." I responded. "Daddy, it was neat when I scored, because everyone cheared, did you like scoring goals when you played?" Made me think for a second, " I sure did, I loved to score goals, you know why cause it made people happy. The people that were watching and your teamates, everyone is happy when you score." I poeticly responded. "I like scoring goals Daddy."

You know every goal he scores will be just as exciting, because he is my boy. You know what though, if he never scores another goal, this past Saturday was a day a dream came true for me, and I think it came true for a little boy, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home