Thursday, October 12, 2006

josiahisms...


fame & fortune... Josiah & I stayed late after soccer practice the other night. I have been working with him on following his shots on goal. During this little one on one session, Josiah learned how to get the ball off the ground when he was shooting on goal. I told him that if he could do that in a game, he would be scoring a lot of goals. He responded, "If I score a lot of goals, then I could be in a magazine..."

hierarchy... The world generally revolves around whatever a 5 year old is thinking about at any given moment...Josiah asked for something from me the other day...I firmly responded with a "no." He looked up at me and said, "I am telling God on you." Bypassing me and going straight for the Boss.

prayer and supplication... Josiah has been bugging us for the new Larry Boy movie, since it came out. The two of us were in Wal Mart, he found the movie and they only had 3 copies left. He begged me and I told him no. (See the theme here). He was ok with it until we got to the check out and got a bit sad about it, he thought that the 3 that were left were the last 3 in the world. Mommy took him to the store and he asked for the same thing. This time on the way home he asked her when he could get the new movie. Mommy said she did not know. Then things grew quiet in the back for a pretty long time. Mommy turned around to find Josiah with his hands folded, eyes closed and him whispering. When he stopped she asked what he was doing. "Praying for God to make a way for me to get the new Larry Boy movie." ---Grandma bought him the new movie this past week when they were visiting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

If that is the quick turn around he gets from God, maybe I should start having him pray for me too! (JK) - I love to hear all your stories about my little niece and nephew...
Love you guys! - Tell Katie I said hello

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home