Wednesday, November 08, 2006

happy birthday baby girl...


Today is November 8th. Generally, I am not to good with knowing what day it is. Today is a very special day. Ranking up there in the annals of history: July 4th 1776, May 8th 1945 (VE day), August 21 1999 (the first game back for the Cleveland Browns) & November 8th 2004. This day will be etched in my memory forever. The day I held quite possibly the most beautiful thing I had ever seen for the first time. Our baby girl was born today.

It is so hard to believe that she is going to two. Its funny that I already have regrets about not being around enough for her first year or so. Fortunately I have been able to be around a lot more this past year. It has been wonderful. Nothing I love more than coming home and she comes running to the door with a smile... "Dada, Dada." I love it, she doesn't care what kind of day I have had, she is always looking forward to seeing me, and she just wants to be held. The other day she was at a friends house, and I went to pick her up. She sprinted across the yard (or at least as fast as her little legs could go) saying my name. When I picked her up I got the biggest hug and she said "My Dada, my dada." Then she pats me on the back of my neck and hugs me again. There is nothing in this world you could buy to give you that kind of joy. Not a thing. Its like time stops.

People like to give me a hard time, because I know some day she will be asking to go on a date. I am scared. Because the days are numbered to that fateful day that I will have to put the fear of the Great God Almighty into some unsuspecting young lad. I joke that every milestone is just a milestone closer to that day. I hope some day she does find someone to take care of her and love her almost as much as I do. (Because it is impossible for someone on this earth besides her mother that can love her that much, I guarantee it.) The way I look at it, it is great to be someone's first love. I know I wasn't my wife's, she loved her Daddy. I hope that I never let her down, because I love being her first love. I want to set the bar high, so when she does find that special someone, I know he will have to be up to the task.

Girls do amazing things to Daddys, especially if the first born was a boy(at least that makes it more noticeable). She has turned me into a bumbling idiot. She makes you lose your ability to control the english language. I make up terms of endearment that just don't make any sense. I will not type any of these because when I really think about it...my, oh my... Look at me I am babbling again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL (yes when you are 20, you will still be my Baby Girl, so get used to it.) Daddy loves you, more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home